Why we collect, use and retain your personal information
Your personal information will be collected and stored in our database. You may receive our BAC Debrief e-newsletter as a result; there is the option to unsubscribe to these emails.
We will only obtain the information we need
We will only collect information that is pertinent and necessary to the effective conduct of our business.
How we collect your personal information
Whenever practical, your information will be collected directly from you.
Your consent is needed
Your express consent may be provided in writing, verbally or electronically. We will endeavor to ensure you understand why we need the information and how it will be used.
We will limit the use and disclosure of your personal information
We will limit the use and disclosure of your personal information within our organization and with our colleagues, partners and additional third parties. The use and disclosure of your personal information shall be done only to the extent necessary to perform our duties, to provide you with quality service and information designed to meet your on-going needs.
We will limit the length of time we retrain your personal information
The length of time we retain your personal information may vary depending on the duration of your deemed relationship our organization. We will only keep your personal information on our records so long as it is needed for its identified purposes, or as required by law.
We are committed to accuracy
We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary. You have a right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information we hold about you, and if it is inaccurate or incomplete, we will make the necessary correction or amendment. If there is a disagreement or a discrepancy with regard to an issue of accuracy, this will be noted on your file.
We will protect your personal information
We have developed and continue to enhance security measures and procedures designed to protect your personal information from unwarranted intrusion, theft, accidental release, loss or unauthorized disclosure, use, copying or modification, when we destroy your personal information, we will use appropriate safeguards.
Your right to access
With satisfactory verification of your identity, we will provide you with the information you request. There are certain legal expectations to your right of access. Should your request fall into such a category, we will inform you of the reason for not providing access and any resources you may have. You may withdraw your consent, but doing so may prevent us from being able to provide you with the requested product or services. If you have any questions or concerns about the use or security of your personal information, please contact the BAC Privacy Officer.
CHILDREN'S PRIVACY – Secondary Students
Basadur encourages parents and guardians to supervise their child's use of the Internet. We urge parents to instruct their children to never give out their real names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal information without a parent's or guardian's permission when using the Internet. We recognize a special obligation to protect personal information obtained from children. For this reason, Basadur generally does not request, collect, or store any personal information knowingly from children under 12.
We have adopted the following policies to keep kids safe (there are exceptions to these policies as noted below under the heading "Exceptions to Verifiable Parental Consent and Information Collected from Children"):
- Personal information we collect from children under the age of 12 will be used solely by Basadur or its agents for internal purposes only and will NOT be sold or otherwise distributed to third parties.
- We will NOT knowingly ask a child under the age of 12 to divulge more information than is needed to complete the Profile.
- We will NOT knowingly keep any personal information that is inadvertently included in a child's email submission, help inquiry, or other one-time request, if we know that the child is under the age of 12. Any such information will be purged promptly after the issue has been resolved.
- We will NOT knowingly provide any direct link to websites that are unsuitable for children or teens.
- Upon request, Basadur will provide a parent or guardian with a description of the information that may have been provided about their child during the registration process for the Profile. CCI Innovate only asks for a child's or teen's personal information if it is necessary to complete the Profile.( we do not collect personal address Information) If we have collected and stored personal information from a child, we will give parents the ability to review their child's personal information, request that we discontinue use of their child's personal information, and/or request that we delete their child's personal information.
NOTIFICATION AND VERIFIABLE PARENTAL CONSENT
For every child (under 12 years of age), we will require the parent or guardian to provide verifiable parental consent such as: by email plus a fax, phone or letter follow up by the parent or guardian; mail, fax or scan of a consent form; or phone call to Basadur; or other acceptable method.
In order for us to provide notice to a parent or guardian and seek verifiable parental consent, we may request the online contact information of a parent or guardian. This contact information will only be used for the sole purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing notification to the parent or guardian.
EXCEPTIONS TO VERIFIABLE PARENTAL CONSENT AND INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM CHILDREN
In the following instances we will NOT get verifiable parental consent for the collection of a child’s (under 12 years of age) personal information:
- Collecting a child's contact information solely to directly respond to the child's request on a one-time basis (for example, to provide assistance with a particular question about the Profile. We will not use that information to re-contact the child for any other purpose (we will purge from our system the child's personal information after responding);
- Collecting a child's contact information and the contact information of his/her parent or guardian solely to directly respond more than once to a specific request from the child (for example, to satisfy the request for a newsletter subscription). In this instance, the parent or guardian will be notified that the child made such a request and be informed of the information provided by the child. The parent or guardian will have an opportunity at any time to revoke the child's request (i.e., unsubscribe). We will not use the child's personal information to re-contact the child for any other purpose.
- Using persistent identifiers on our Website to support the internal operations of our Website which include: maintaining and analyzing the functioning of the Website; performing network communications; authenticating users; personalizing content on the Website; serving contextual advertising or capping the frequency of advertising; protecting the security or integrity of the user, Website or service; and to ensure legal and regulatory compliance. A "persistent identifier" is a series of numbers that we assign to a user but cannot be reasonably used to identify a specific user.
- A child may provide the email address of their parent or guardian for the purpose of retrieving or resetting a child's lost password for their user account. A parent or guardian's email address collected in this instance will only be used for this purpose.